Love your Job, not your Employer
By Engr Abubakar Matazu
I will Appreciate a 2-day permission to be absent from work sir.. My sister will be getting married…
I haven’t finished when my boss shouted… Who will clear the files on your table? Who will do this and that? I’m sorry, you can’t go…. I felt bad but important…
One day, we lost a colleague of ours….
Everybody was summoned, as the speaker addressed other employees who were sobbing… “A minute silence to honour her..” he said…
In less than 30seconds, he said May her soul Rest in Peace, U can all go back to work…
Then I asked my boss, “Sir, who will clear her table and do all she was doing?
He smiled and said, “someone will resume with us next week to take her place….”
I used to think I was irreplaceable but this has thought me that if I were the one who died, someone else would resume to clear the files.
To those who shout at people at work and make them feel irrelevant, be Careful you’re just a colleague.
– To all who are so pompous and feel the world revolves round them and should be treated with so much respect they don’t give to others…..one day you would become so old, nothing in the world pleases you anymore
– To those who are so disrespectful to constituted authority by virtue of knowledge/experience/status etc….watch out you’ll be on the side of authority soon; expect more than what you’ve done/given because it will always come back to u.
Someday u will go..(Death..Retirement.. Resignation.. Promotion.. Transfer.. Relocation….)
And guess what? Work will continue…
– Family like water will find its level…
– Persons/Friends will adjust well in good time…
– That thing u think cannot be done without u will not die nor suffer.
It is like Military barracks….Soldiers go Soldiers come but Barracks/Military base remain.. Dey might miss your ideas, But trust me, U ARE Not IRREPLACEABLE
Experience has shown that when your kind/type leaves the system is when greater opportunities open for others.
As a matter of fact they’ll not miss ur unpleasant nature but make a mockery of it at their leisure.
Do what u can and let others do theirs.
You’re NOT Special than others; it’s just a Privilege that you’re enjoying.
Show Love to others even when they make mistakes…..
Your nature is what you’re remembered for, It is the memory of you that remains with the people.
Bad nature easily overshadows good ones.
Therefore, watch your actions because what we have here is really a small WORLD!
The World is like a Small Garden….take care of your bit to Glorify God.