1. 1960 – 1966: Sir Abubakar Tafawa – Balewa's tenure, no public funds stolen
2. 1966: Major – General Aguiyi Ironsi's. brief tenure, no public funds stolen
3. 1966 – 1975: General Yakubu Gowon's tenure, very little corruption creeping in
4. 1975 – 1976: General Murtala Ramat Muhammed's tenure, zero tolerance for corruption and indiscipline
5. 1976 – 1979: General Olusegun Aremu Matthew Okikiola Obasanjo's tenure, rulers started owning large properties running into millions of dollars
6. 1979 – 1983: President Shehu Shagari's tenure, characterised by weak leadership. Ministers and other top functionaries had a field day looting all the lootable public funds and properties even though the President himself was not stealing any dime!
7. 1984 – 1985: Major – General Muhammadu Buhari's tenure, zero tolerance for corruption, indolence and indiscipline. Corrupt politicians were jailed a minimum of 200 years in prison each!
8. 1985 – 1993: General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida's tenure, freed all the corrupt politicians jailed by General Buhari. These same freed politicians are majorly the same set of politicians ruining Nigeria now. During Babangida's tenure public funds were being carted away by public servants like confetti. In one swoop about 12 billion dollars mysteriously vanished!
9. 1993 – 1998: General Sani Abacha's tenure, five billion dollars stolen in his five years tenure
10. 1998 – 1999: General Abdulsalami Abubakar's 11 months tenure, about 2 billion dollars were alleged to have been stolen. Anyway the man is among the wealthiest people in the country today!
11. 1999 – 2007: President Olusegun Matthew Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo's second tenure, his bank account grew from twenty thousand naira after emerging from prison to being a multi-billionaire with choice properties in Nigeria and major cities of the world. Public infrastructure declined massively and gangsterism became the order of the day by his party, the PDP. Corruption prospered massively in his tenure! In one swoop 16 billion dollars just vanished, allegedly for electric power projects but darkness was supplied and is still being supplied in large quantity! In another mysterious disappearance the sum of 300 billion naira (2 billion dollars) meant for road projects also vanished into thin air!
12. 2007 – 2010: Late President Yar'adua's tenure, a quiet reserved and the messiah that not live long to be! The noiseless tenure. But due to perpetual ill-health was unable to tame corruption which is the character and perfume of his party men and women in the PDP. Had a slightly large family but he never allowed public funds to be spent on feeding the first family!
13. 2010 – Present: President Nnamdi Azikiwe Ebele Goodluck Jonathan's tenure, full of noise but empty of substance. Spends about a billion naira per year for food for himself, wife and two kids. In the 2011 election year about 2.6 trillion naira just disappeared from the public till, which is the highest disappearance of public funds per year in the country's history! Intolerant of criticisms. Suffers acute inferiority complex and seems to dislike any war against corruption. A former Education Minister and Vice President of the World Bank, Mrs Oby Ezekwesili accused his government and that of his immediate predecessor of not accounting for about 67 billion dollars! Since then his government has been responding in the manner of a headless chicken. They are busy insulting the woman instead of stating in facts and figures what they did with the money. In fact, the SUNDAY PUNCH newspaper of 25/11/2012 pointedly said about 31 billion dollars were stolen since his government came to being on May 6, 2010.
His government looks promising to hold the medal for the most corrupt in the world!
Lord have mercy on my fellow youths and give us the courage to save this country!
Join APC today to kick up corruption tomorrow!!!